History of Swinton Church 

 On  1  September  2016,  Swinton  Parish  Church  united  with  Coldstream  Parish  Church  and  Ladykirk  and  Whitsome  Parish  Church  to  form  Coldstream  and  District  Parishes.  There  are  Services  at  Swinton  Church  on  the  2nd  and  4th  Sundays  every  month  at  11.15am.
 
The  Church  is  the  most  easterly  building  in  the  village set back from the road and at the top of a spacious churchyard. There  has  been  a  Church  on  this  site  since  c1100.  The  Swinton  bell,  which  was  rung  at  the  time  of  the  Battle  of  Flodden  in  1513  is  still  there,  as  is  a  cannon  ball  reputed  to  have  been  fired  by  Mons  Meg. 
Swinton  Parish  Church  was  largely  rebuilt  in  1910.  The  floors,  pews,  roof  and  pulpit  date  from  that  time.  On  the  posts  at  the  front  of  the  pulpit  platform,  boars  are  carved  in  wood.  These  reflect  the  ancient  origins  of  Swinton  as  Swine-town,  an  area  used  for  hunting,  and  the  coat  of  arms  of  the  Swinton  family.
 
The  vestry  is  going  to  be  rebuilt  and  extended  in  2020  to  provide  a  meeting  room,  a  small  kitchen  and  toilet  facilities.