History of Eccles Parish Church
Eccles Church dates back to 1774,being a replacement of an earlier structure on the same site,which was considered too small. The present building originally having a seating capacity of 1000,incorporating galleries on the south east and west sides. The pulpit being centrally located on the north wall. In 1930 the building was extensively altered,retaining the gallery at the east end,removing that to the south and creating a hall at first floor to the area of the west gallery.